Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Ohio Stop

The GHC (Great Homeschool Convention) of Cincinnati was a record-breaker! The vendor hall was  huge: two "halves," with our booth being underneath the skyway from where the pictures were taken.
Donna and Me in Cincy
We had a couple of days to spare, so I visited with a friend in Cincinnati, Donna Patton, and the next day went up to Dublin, near Columbus, to hang out with Stef Reed, a fellow Kregel author. We explored a trail along the Indian Run Creek, which dumps into the Scioto River (the one from Follow the River, an Indian captive book). That was fun.


At Indian Run Creek
Stef and me on our hike. Love your "shades," Stef!
This is blood root, Stef says
These umbrella-like plants have a name, but I forgot it.
Next time: St. Paul, Minnesota . . .

8 comments:

Bethany R. said...

Fun! Let us know next time before a convention and we can be praying for you! When will you be posting about the Leibster Award?

Unknown said...

Wow, no kidding about the Homeschool Conference I attended with you being small. That's HUGE! So is that a "normal" sized conference? ;) Or is that a super-sized?

I'm so glad you got to visit with your friend. I hope you continue to have a wonderful time out as you travel and I'll pray that you and Mr. Marlow get home safely. :D

Take care!

Andi Carter said...

No, Emily, the GHC is the second largest in the U.S. after Florida, so it is not representative of most conventions. It was a great experience, however!

Andi Carter said...

And Bethany, I will have to have a lot of "spare" time on my hands for the award thing, especially if I have to answer or make up questions and think of other bloggers to send it to. LOL
It reminds me of the good old day on HomeschoolBlogger.com (defunct now). We did awards and fun Fridays, and all kinds of things. I miss it!

Bethany R. said...

Sounds exciting! I should start something like that!

Unknown said...

So Susan, does that mean if you like doing "fun" things I can tag you in a fun random question post? I was going to tag you in a fun post I got tagged in, but if you don't have time to answer the questions/ don't want to that's fine anyways. Thought I'd throw that out there! ;) (And I mean these questions are RANDOM. But fun.) :D

Andi Carter said...

Yikes, Emily! You'd better not right now. I"m already behind on Bethany's request for an award, and I know there are questions for that. I haven't had time to dig into it yet.
I really like your new blog look!

Emily McConnell said...

Uhm... too late. B-) You're nominated. Wahahahaha, payback time! ;) Do it whenever you want to, Susan, I really don't care too much. I just thought it would be fun. Take your time and do it whenever you want to, or if you choose not to, that's fine, too. :)
Glad you like the new blog look. Yes, you were right, it was simpler to use Blogger's look... but I don't want to talk about that. ;) I spent wayyy to much time on the other look and am feeling a bit sore about that right now... ;)