Thursday, April 23, 2015

Branson, Missouri

I really enjoyed Branson, Missouri. We arrived on Monday afternoon and just settled in. The next day we hung around downtown and at the Landing late morning. Here's some of the things we did:
We took in the Dixie Stampeded Dinner Show. That was awesome! All those horses and trick riders, and great food and lots of people.

It reminded me of what a Buffalo Bill Wild West Show must have been like (with Annie Oakley shooting and Indian fights and the like). This one was a North vs. South presentation, along with all the other acts. Here is the short YouTube video of highlights: DIXIE STAMPEDE
We are seated in the right-hand side that is circled in white. We were the South. We lost the competition.
The next day we visited the Titanic Museum. That was quite an experience, especially the exhibit where you could time how long you could keep your finger (or hand) in the 28 degree water that the passengers fell into after the accident. There was a young man playing the piano and explaining about how the "band played on" until the ship finally went down. This was a very moving museum. We must have spent over 2 hours there.


Next we went to a magic show. Well, an "illusionist." Rick Thomas. He was great! Awesome. Hey, I went up on stage and I watched that girl go into the box, lying down. And I saw and touched the blade and listen . . . I could not figure out how he managed to cut her in half! But he did! And then she vanished. And then she came back. I was six inches away, along with 3 other audience volunteers, and this guy was GOOD! And it was about a 2 hour show. Lots of fun and we were up close.


That night we went to see the Sight and Sound Museum's presentation of Jonah. Wow! I took this picture of the stage and screen. It was a stunning musical presentation. Roger liked the settings and staging. He's not much into musicals. There was no picture-taking after the theater darkened, so I could only take pictures before.

Now, we're in Kansas City for the MPE homeschool convention. Alas, I have to go back to work. 

5 comments:

Bethany R. said...

Looks like so much fun!!!

Rebekah Raub said...

I love Brandon MO, me and my family went there last fall! We also saw Jonah! Hasde you ever been to Silver Dollar City?

Andi Carter said...

No, I have not been to Silver Dollar City. There was just so much to do and so little time! :-)

Rishona Raub said...

AHHHHHHH!!!! I love Jonah! :D It is an amazing play!

Lauren said...

I love Sight and Sound!!! I got to see Moses last year!